Sunday, August 17, 2014

Answer Me This: Magazines, TV Shows, & the Sign of Peace


catholicallyear.com


What is your favorite room in the house? 

I spend the most time in the living room, so I guess that's my favorite.

We've lived here for 4 years and I really wish the house was more decorated. I don't really like the way most of our room look. I still feel like we look as if we just moved in. We still have stuff in boxes for crying out loud! The only room I'd consider "done" is my bathroom.

Do you subscribe to any magazines or other periodicals?

I refuse to pay for magazines, so I only get subscriptions I can get for free. The only one I have right now is Martha Stewart Living.

How do you feel about the sign of peace in Mass? Enriching? Awkward? Overdone? Just right? Some combination of the above? 

I find it awkward, but that's because I don't like interacting with strangers much. I dread having to shake hands with the people around me. I'd be fine with the sign of peace if I could only do it with my family - kiss my husband (and shake his hand while we're kissing...yes, we're odd), shake my mother-in-law's hand and done.

Sign of peace at our wedding
 What is your least favorite sound? 

Right now, it's yelling and screaming. I don't mind the sounds of children playing, but the neighbor children insist on screaming and yelling as if they're being tortured and it's really annoying. Of course, the adults around here also seem to be doing a lot of yelling and arguing outside, so I guess they're just modeling what they see. (I promise we don't live in a terrible neighborhood!)

What was your favorite TV show (or shows) growing up?

Punky Brewster, various Saturday morning cartoons, The Cosby Show, SeaQuest, Lois & Clark, Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Full House

What are your favorite TV shows now?

 Doctor Who, Sherlock, Person of Interest, NCIS, Once Upon a Time



  photo blogsig.png" />

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I haven't thought about Sea Quest in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punky Brewster! Lois and Clark! I forgot about those. And what was that show about the little girl robot who slept in a cupboard? And the one with the girl with an alien dad? Whew, I watched too much TV.

    ReplyDelete