Monday, October 18, 2010

Owls?

I tend to get mildly to completely obsessed with things. Argyle, giraffes, penguins, cherries...all current obsessions. Over the past few months though, I've developed a new thing. Owls.

It all started with this...


Photo by Amanda Fales


I found this alley in our historic downtown. Ok, my brother found it, but whatever. I thought it would be a fun place to take some wedding pictures with the bricks and the faded ad. At the time, I thought, "An owl, ok, whatever...it looks cool."


But then, this happened...







An owl. A real live owl. In Africa. Ok, not really Africa. It was Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom. We were on day three of our honeymoon and enjoying our second ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari when we spotted this. Obviously, it's not an animal typically found on a safari, but it decided to have a little fun, I guess. Our guide was even shocked to see it.







I fell in love with owls right then. An owl on my wedding day and then one on my honeymoon? How could I not? They are my new favorite flying animal. (Although, I also happen to think bats are pretty cool, but mostly only around Halloween.)


So now that I'm obsessed with owls, I have to have owl things, right? Of course!


I've already ordered this fun owl flag for our garden flag pole.


Source


Next on my list, this awesome owl lamp! He's going to look so cute in our living room.



Source


And I was excited to see this guy on our trip to the local zoo yesterday...






One owl thing I don't like? Owl City. Can't stand to listen to them and unfortunately, the music at work has several Owl City songs. Drives me nuts everyday.


I'm off to search for more awesome owl stuff.


What are you obsessed with?

No comments:

Post a Comment