Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: The Flowers

Today's wedding detail I wanted to share is one of my favorites. The flowers!

Peonies are my favorite flowers and I've wanted to use them in my wedding for years. They were the reason I wanted to get married in June. I had to get married while they were in season!

After meeting with several local florists, I went with MichaelAngelo's. They run a full-service event company. The planner that I worked with was very friendly and enthusiastic. She was excited about my ideas and offered suggestions that went with my ideas. I was confident that they would pull off my ideas well.

Photobucket

I LOVED my bouquet. It was everything I hoped for. The flowers were beautiful and fluffy. They were the perfect shades of pink and they smelled WONDERFUL! I seriously could not stop smelling it all day. I also carried it around all day. I didn't want to put it down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a special attachment to my bouquet. My mother-in-law bought this rosary for me to carry on our wedding day. I hope to be able to pass it down to my future daughter for her wedding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As much as I loved my bouquet, I was disappointed in the bridesmaids bouquets. One of the reasons that I booked my florist was that they let me see all the flowers the day before the wedding. When my mom and I arrived for our appointment however, they only had my bouquet done. Apparently, they did not like the peonies that first arrived for my bridesmaids bouquets, so they had to get others and the bouquets were not done yet.

I liked that they were being picky for me, but when the bouquets arrived the next day, I was disappointed in the color. The bridesmaids bouquets were supposed to be fuschia, but instead they were a darker pink.The bouquets themselves were very nice, just the wrong color. Which, if I had been able to see them, I would have at least been prepared for even if it was too late to get the right color.

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the wedding, I kept my bouquet in a vase on top of our fridge (to protect it from cats.) We went on our honeymoon and I forgot about it. I expected to come back and find a bouquet of dead flowers, but it was actually dried, so I've kept it. It's very fragile though so I haven't been able to move it from on top of our fridge.

All photos by Amanda Fales Photography.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment