Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Recipe: Three Cheese Pepperoni Pasta Bake

I've got a fabulous new recipe for you all today! I was inspired by a couple of recipes I found over the past few months and was finally inspired to try them a few weeks ago.

I'm a bad blogger and forgot to take pictures, but I did write down what I did, so I'm sharing it with you today. Since I combined two recipes, I'm calling it Three Cheese Pepperoni Pasta Bake, but really it's just a fancy name for stuffed shells.

This recipe will make a 13x9 baking dish of shells, so adjust as needed. I'm going to give you the ingredients for the filling  as I made it, but I must warn that it makes way more than you'll need. I ended up with plenty of extra, so I think you'd be fine halving that portion and having plenty.

Three Cheese Pepperoni Pasta Bake
inspired by The Pioneer Woman's Three Cheese-Stuffed Shells and Everyday Food's Pepperoni Pasta Bake

Ingredients

20 jumbo pasta shells
30 oz Whole milk ricotta cheese
8 oz Parmesan cheese shredded
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 egg
3 cups marinara sauce
2 oz small pepperoni slices
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook pasta shells for half of the directed cooking time. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, half the Parmesan, Romano cheese, egg, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. I also tossed in some dried basil, but you could also chop up some fresh and throw it in.

Spread 1 cup marinara in a 9x13 baking dish. Fill each shell with cheese mixture (1 heaping tablespoon.) Place face down on the sauce. Repeat until cheese mixture is gone.

Top shells with 2 cups marinara. Cover with foil and bake until sauce is bubbling about 25 minutes. Remove foil, and top shells with pepperoni, then remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and brown in spots, about 5 to 10 minutes.

My husband and I loved this recipe! It was super easy to make and very delicious. It's definitely going into our recipe rotation.

Try it today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment