Monday, April 29, 2013

Week In Review



Another week down! Since school is so close to being done, it feels like a countdown is on to the end. I'm looking forward to this summer because of my new summer job. I can't wait to learn more about it.

Monday

I wasn't scheduled to work and due to some poor sleep over the weekend, I was looking forward to sleeping in and having a lazy day at home. That all chanced when the phone rang at 6 am. In my sleep deprived stupor, I agreed to the job offered and ended up teaching the kindergarten class I had had the previous week. Luckily for me, they have the world's best para and despite the challenges of the day, it was pretty good.

After work, I convinced my husband that we needed to get Chick-fil-a for dinner and then since we were in the area, go to Old Navy. I'm on the hunt for cute green shirts for spring since I can wear green and jeans on Friday to work. (Green and white are the school colors.) I don't understand why if emerald green is the "color of the year" I can't find more green shirts that are work appropriate. Old Navy let me down.

Tuesday

Again, I wasn't scheduled and again, the phone rang at 6 am. This time I agreed to teach the second grade class I had had the previous week.  We had an interesting day.

Wednesday

I was actually scheduled. I taught kindergarten. They get a snack in the morning and the kids have a scheduled day to provide a healthy snack for the class. Wednesday's student brought in Cosmic Brownies. So yes, we had chocolate at 10:30 in the morning. And then it was a student's birthday, so we had cake pops right before lunch. And it was snowing/raining, so we had to stay inside for recess. I think we were all ready for the day to be over right about then.

Thursday

I only had to work in the morning and I taught first grade. It was the second time this school year I've watched the classic animated Lorax. I love when the sub plans include watching a movie.

Friday

I wasn't scheduled to work and I didn't get a call. Sleeping beyond 6am was glorious! I discovered quite by accident that it was National Pretzel Day and a local soft pretzel place was giving out free pretzels. Since I had some errands to run anyway, I stopped by the mall and got my free pretzel and bought one to take to M at work since I was going there anyway. It was delicious!

Saturday

Again, I was eager to get the front landscaping started, so we went to look for bushes. There were more bushes than last time we looked, but still no hydrangeas. I did get prices on some bushes I was interested in and bought an English Daisy for our back flower bed. It's supposed to be a perennial, but I haven't had much luck getting plants to come back in that bed. I'm hopeful for this one and I think it's pretty.


Sunday

I finally got to watch Doctor Who. I think this episode was better than others this season. Afterwards, we had a quiet day at home, doing laundry and watching TV.

How was your week?


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment