Saturday, February 5, 2011

My New Favorite Store

I mentioned a few weeks ago that M and I went to Ikea on our vacation to pick up some new stuff for our house.  Our closest Ikea is a 2 1/2 hour drive, just outside Chicago. Obviously, a trip to Ikea is a day trip and requires planning. Sadly, we cannot just decide to go to Ikea on a whim.

On that last trip to Ikea, I also planned to visit some other home stores that were in the area that we do not have in our area. Unfortunately, we ran out of time to visit one of the stores, which made me sad because the stores we did visit were such a bust. Luckily, we had a chance to go back to the area a couple weekends ago and I was able to visit the store I missed.

It is now my favorite home store.



HomeGoods is run by the same company that runs two of my favorite bargain stores, T.J. Maxx & Marshall's. We have 2 T.J. Maxxs and 1 Marshall's in driving distance, but sadly no HomeGoods. Unlike those two stores, HomeGoods only sells items for the home.

At first I thought it would just be a bigger version of the various home items I see at my local T.J. Maxx and Marshall's. A messy, jumbled collection of knick-knacks, kitchen items and weird art. How wrong I was! The store was very neat and organized. They had all kinds of departments. Tableware, cookware, bedding, bath, decor and lots of furniture! They had a whole section of lamps. M and I even found the lamp that we bought at our local T.J. Maxx last fall.

My favorite part? The furniture! They had several Lane recliner chairs that would be perfect for the reading corner I'm trying to make in our living room. Sadly, none of the chairs were the right colors for our house.

So what did I get?


I picked up this green wooden bird for our living room. He was only $6. (Please ignore the crappy table that was in the only good light at the time.)

I picked this up for dining room. I haven't decided yet where to hang it, so no pictures of it on the wall just yet.

I'm now obsessed with trying to get back to HomeGoods. The closest ones are by Chicago or down by Indianapolis. Either way, not a quick trip! Maybe I should start a letter writing campaign to bring one to the area.

Photobucket
 HomeGoods and their parent company have no idea I even exist.  All opinions in this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment