Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Cutting the Cake

Knowing my love of cake, you know I couldn't be in the same room as our gorgeous wedding cake and not want to cut into it already.

Photobucket

We ordered our cake from a local bakery. They had made the cake for a wedding I had attended a few years ago & I remembered how delicious that cake was when I was planning our wedding.

We went for a tasting and met with the baker to discuss design. I knew I wanted a square cake with 3 tiers and I wanted to incorporate our argyle theme on the middle cake. Originally, I only wanted the ribbons on the other 2 tiers, but after looking through the baker's photos, I liked the subtle diamond pattern. I liked that it looked slightly quilted and that it mimicked the argyle pattern.

Photobucket

Each tier was a different flavor. The bottom was white cake with raspberry filling, which is my favorite. The middle was chocolate with chocolate filling and the top was white with vanilla filling. We didn't plan to save our top, so I wanted a variety for people to choose from.

Photobucket

I picked up our topper at Michael's. It was on sale and I had a coupon, so I got a great deal on it!

Our DJ announced that we were cutting the cake and played the song I chose for this occasion.



Photobucket

We really had no idea what we were doing. We just cut into the cake and hoped for the best!

Photobucket

There was no chance of face smashing here. I had already warned M that any cake smashing would not be well received and I like cake way too much to waste it that way.

Photobucket

Yes, we used forks. They were on the table and we just naturally used them. It seemed a lot classier than shoving my fingers in somebody's mouth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mmmmm, raspberry filling! Our caterer includes cutting the cake in their packages, so once we made our cut, they took over and our guests helped themselves. And I'm proud to say that I had 2 pieces of cake at my wedding. I finished the piece that we cut and then later had a slice of chocolate. We actually ordered more cake than we needed, so we ended up taking the entire top home with us. We ended up sharing it with our families since we left on our honeymoon a couple days later.

We loved our cake so much, that we order all birthday cakes from our baker now.

Photobucket

Great, now I'm hungry for cake!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment