Monday, March 11, 2013

Week in Review

Before I review my week, can I just say that this feels like the longest Lent ever?I've only been drinking water and milk and the occasional juice and it is killing me. It's not that I want a pop, it's that I want some variety. I think I need to stock up on some juice at the grocery store this week.

Monday

Last Monday feels like it was a million years ago. I taught first grade and it was not a great day. It was one of those days where I was really happy to just be the sub and be able to walk away at the end of the day.

Tuesday

I taught third grade in the afternoon. When I went into the school, the weather was fine. When I came out 4 hours later, I had to clean at least  an inch of snow off my car. Yep, we finally got a winter storm.

Wednesday

I was supposed to teach 1st grade, but instead we had a snow day. I stayed home because I do not mess around with snow. The main roads were actually clear, but all the county roads and side streets were a mess.

Thursday

I taught third grade for one of my fourth grade teachers. It's always a little weird to be a colleague with them instead of the student.

Friday

I taught kindergarten. I love teaching kindergarten. It was my first time in this classroom, so I was a little surprised to walk in and find these guys


They just hung out in a kiddie pool all day. I was sure they'd try to make a break for it and I'd have to search the school for them, but apparently they are content in there.

Saturday

I went shopping with my mom. We actually took some old clothes to sell at the Clothes Mentor. We'd never done it before. I only got $10 and still have old clothes to find something to do with now. We managaed to go to a bunch of stores and I didn't buy a single thing. Good for the budget, I guess. I watched SNL later because Justin Timberlake was the host and he's always hilarious. The show was pretty good until the last half hour.

Sunday

Since I had to lose an hour because Indiana stupidly went to Daylight Savings Time a few years ago, I declared it to be a lazy Sunday. I mostly just sat around in my PJs all day. I did manage to do a load of laundry and use a homemade remedy to unclog my shower drain, so I wasn't completely lazy.

How was your week?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment