Monday, March 18, 2013

Week in Review


I taught third grade in the afternoon and then since I was right there, I went to the grocery store. That was a bad idea as it was Monday and snow was in the forecast, so it was idiot day at the store. I could feel my blood pressure rising as I tried to do my shopping.  


I taught fourth grade in the morning and was told by a student that I looked mean. If that was supposed to hurt my feelings, he missed. I take pride in being the "mean" teacher when it's a rowdy class. I am not the sub you walk all over.

 I got home in time to watch the Vatican TV for the afternoon in hopes of seeing the results of the conclave's first vote. I knew it wouldn't be white, but it was still exciting to see live. It was my first conclave since becoming Catholic 4 years ago.  

 It snowed overnight, so I was woken by a text alerting me that we had a 2-hour delay. Since I was supposed to work all day, that meant I got to sleep in an extra 2 hours. Finally, the evil snow was good for something!

Sadly, I was at work when the Vatican announced the new Pope, but my husband texted me the details so I got them when I got off work.


I taught first grade in the morning and since it was Pi day, I had thought about using my afternoon off to make a pie. It didn't happen. It might happen for Easter instead.


I taught third grade in the afternoon and then rushed to the library for what was advertised as a "gigantic" book sale. Whoever wrote that flier must be new because that book sale was the usual size. They also advertised a special sale on children's books, which I took mean they had a ton of children's books, but it was the usual amount. It was pretty heavy on the nonfiction, but that's alright with me. The prices were very good though. Children's hardback books were 25 cents each. Sadly, I only found a few books I wanted.


After a lazy day at home, M and I attended a dinner with employees from one of his former jobs. Nothing very exciting and I wish they'd pick a better restaurant, but hey, we got out of the house.

That night I got nostalgic and started playing some computer games from my childhood like The Oregon Trail and Super Munchers. Then I got nostalgic for college and put The Sims 2 on the laptop, so I could play it again.


We had a lazy day at home. I played The Sims 2 a lot.

How was your week?


1 comment:

  1. I totally sold all my Sims games at my garage sale and now I'm kind of kicking myself for doing it. I freaking loved it when my houses got haunted.