Monday, July 8, 2013

Week in Review


Last week was another exciting week of working at the day camp. The bonus was that due to the holiday, it was only a 4-day week.

On Monday, I started at my new camp. I had previously been told that I would be given my own group of young children, but like all things related to working for city, that plan apparently changed. Instead, I was asked to help lead the 10-12 year olds group. I don't mind because I'm used to being flexible at work and I could always use some more experience with older kids. Just a bit of a surprise to start my Monday.

On Monday, we took the kids to a local state park where a ranger talked to us about animals. We got to pet a snake and see a turtle up close.

On Wednesday, we went bowling, which the kids enjoyed.

M and I didn't have to work on the 4th, but we just stayed home. I got some cleaning done around the house.



Friday, we took the campers to a local beach/water park where we had a sand animal building contest against the other camps. We didn't win, but we had fun building a giant sand sea turtle.

Over the weekend, we took a trip to Sam's Club and stocked up on some things. We celebrated the 4th on Sunday with M's family. It turned into an excuse to shoot my brother-in-law's guns. I stayed inside and enjoyed the food instead.


How was your week?
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The sand animal building contest sounds like so much fun! Please share pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete