Monday, September 30, 2013

Week in Review


Last week was quieter after my busy previous week.

I only worked 3 days last week. On Tuesday, I only knew what school I was supposed to be at. Normally, I also know at least which grade if not also which teacher I'm subbing for. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was subbing for a 4th grade class that I had previously done. The teacher was also happy to see me as she had been hoping I would be her sub. Always nice to be wanted!

Last year, I didn't really like teaching 4th grade, but this year has been much better. I'm not sure if it's just because the class is better or because I've had awesome help from classroom paras or because I spent my summer with kids this age and older. Whatever it is, I'm no longer dreading teaching 4th grade. Still not ready to go back to teaching 5th and 6th grade, though.

On Thursday and Friday, I taught kindergarten. The teacher is a girl I went to high school with and I've subbed for her many times in the past few years. I like subbing for her and kindergarten is usually pretty fun. We had our fair share of problems, but overall, it was good.

I spent the weekend running errands with the husband. Our big score was a window air conditioner for 70% off at Target. Too bad we won't get to use it until next summer.

I also did some more planning for our trip to Minnesota. I've found lots of interesting things to see and do and my list of possible restaurants to try is even longer. We're definitely going to try to pack quite a bit into our days up there.

How was your week?

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment