Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Week in Review




Work

Last week was the week before Spring Break, so I didn't really think I'd work much. I did end up doing 2 half days. One day was in kindergarten and one day was 2nd grade. Since it was the week before Spring Break, the kids were squirrely and I think everybody was ready for a week away.

Because we have missed so many days of school thanks to the polar vortex, we have many days to make up. The state said that schools could add an hour to the day and every six days would equal one day made up. As a result, we will be adding one hour to every day after spring break until school gets out in June. This will allow us to get out on June 4 instead of June 11.

It is going to be interesting going to school for 8 hours. We're starting a little earlier and ending a little later. I'm sure we'll all need some adjustment time. Luckily, the school did agree to pay subs more, so it's worth it for me. And I'm already booked for the next 2 weeks of school with full days, every day. It's going to be interesting for sure!

Life

I've been preparing for the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale. My day to shop is tomorrow and I'm so excited! I'll be sure to post about my experience on Friday.

Lent is still going well. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss chocolate though. I made a batch of Rice Krispies treats over the weekend and they are not going to last long. I have no willpower with those things!

I'm also fighting off a little spring cold. I'm sure I have the munchkins to thank for that. I'm sure my allergies will be kicking in soon now that spring weather is here.

How was your week?
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment