Friday, July 15, 2011

Vera Bradley Winter 2011

Have I got a treat for you today!

Now that the Fall 2011 colors have been officially released, I've started thinking about Winter 2011. I know it seems early, but it turns out that the winter colors have already been previewed. So, I did some digging and found some information and pictures!

Oh My Vera! is a great blog all about Vera Bradley and she was lucky enough to see the winter preview in person. She put together this video and it was my first peek at these new patterns.



It appears that the new patterns are called: Floral Nightingale, Rhythm and Blues, Tea Garden, and Suzani.

I did some more digging and found some pictures to share.

Source
This is Rhythm & Blues. I think I like this color combination, but I'm not a fan of patterns that include paisley.

Source
This is Tea Garden. I like floral patterns and the colors look interesting on this one. I think this is one I'm going to have to see in person to really decide if I like it.

Source
Floral Nightingale - I like purples and I think the animal prints can be cute. I like that it's floral and birds just like my former favorite pattern. (Yellow Bird, anyone?) Definitely want to see this one! Even my husband thought it looked interesting and I think his mother would like this one.

Source
Suzani on top and Rhythm & Blues on the bottom. Not sure about Suzani. It is a black background with a colorful pattern.

In with the new, out with the old, right? With 4 new patterns coming, what patterns are going? With a little detective work, I discovered the most likely candidates:

Slate Blooms

Barcelona

Twirly Birds Navy

Hello Dahlia

 I do remember seeing quite a few things in these patterns at the Outlet Sale this year, which is always a good indication that these colors are on the chopping block. Plus, the new Fall styles are not made in these colors, which is a sure sign that these colors are next to be retired. Which is good news for me, because I would really like a Stephanie in Hello Dahlia and with both the style and the pattern being retired, I bet I'll have a good chance of getting one.

And along with retiring patterns, we'll also have some styles retiring. With a little more detective work, I've narrowed down the contenders! 
These styles are not being made in the 4 new Fall 2011 patterns, so we will probably say good bye to them shortly. Luckily, retired styles means new styles! I can't wait to see what they've come up with next.

What are your thoughts on the Winter 2011 patterns? Sad to see something retire? Leave a comment and let's discuss Vera Bradley!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment