Saturday, May 31, 2014

Answer Me This


http://www.catholicallyear.com


Do you have a smart phone? 

I do. It's the same one I've had for over 3 years, but I'll probably keep using it until it dies.

Which is your favorite meal of the day?

I'm a fan of breakfast foods, but not a big fan of getting up in the morning, so I don't usually eat big breakfasts unless we're on vacation. But on those rare occasions, I love breakfast. Especially if there's bacon involved.

Shower or bath?

Shower, as hot as I can stand it and as for as long as the hot water lasts. I'd be more into baths if I had one of those big bathtubs with the jets.

Think of a person you love. How many days have you been in love with that person?

It's been 2,304 days since the first date I had with my husband. Not sure that it was love at first sight but it was pretty close.

What's the best church you've ever been inside?

When I was in high school, I took a trip to France with the French Club the summer before my senior year. One day, we went to a small village outside of Nice, called Eze. In that village was a beautiful little Catholic church. I wasn't Catholic yet, but I still appreciated what a great church it was.

I didn't take any pictures of the inside, so I borrowed one from the Internet.

Church of Eze (nave)

 It's even more beautiful in person.

I also have to say that our church is beautiful as well.

photo by Amanda Fales Photography
Again, even more beautiful in person - you can't see the shimmery gold fleurs-de-lis behind the alter.

We saw the Cathedral of Saint Paul on our trip to Minnesota last fall and it wasn't half bad either.


Happy Feast of the Visitation! Has anyone ever come to help YOU?

Once when I was 20,  I had a tire blow out while driving to a town an hour or so away. I couldn't get anybody on the phone, but luckily a trucker stopped and put my spare tire on for me. He was very nice and I didn't feel scared at all with him. I was very thankful he stopped because it would've taken my dad longer to get to me and the road really didn't have much of a shoulder to be stopped on.


 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your church is beautiful. What is on the right side wall? All the gold squares? Is that where the oils are stored?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each of the gold squares depicts one of of the sacraments (I think the one missing is Holy Orders.) and the oils are stored in the bottom square. The baptismal font is in front of that.

      Delete