Friday, September 23, 2011

Washington DC Day 1

I won't do full updates while we're here, but I wanted to check in and let you know what we've been up to on our vacation. Also, I totally forgot to bring the camera cord, so no photos unless I take some with my phone. Which, I didn't do today. Oops!

Anyway, we drove down yesterday and it took 3 hours longer than it should have thanks to a wonderful traffic jam somewhere in Pennsylvania.

Our hotel is nice so far. I'll do a full review when we get back, but so far no problems. The internet is a bit slower than what I'm used to, but I can't complain since most hotels wouldn't even offer free internet. The free breakfast is quite impressive and I'm loving that!

Today we took the metro for the first time into DC and visited the National Air and Space Museum. We had a good time looking at all the exhibits and I took lots of pictures that I'll share with you when we get back. Unfortunately, it was raining all day today so we didn't walk around DC any to look at monuments.

The forecast calls for rain most of trip, so we'll have to brave it in order to see things, I guess.

Our plans for Saturday include checking out the National Book Festival and the Natural History Museum.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment