Sunday, September 25, 2011

Washington DC Day 3

Today we visited the National Museum of American History. We saw a lot of great stuff including the Star Spangled Banner which was pretty cool. We also saw dresses from some of the First Ladies, the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz, and Julia Child's kitchen.

After the museum, we decided to do some walking and check out some monuments.

Of course, we saw the Washington Monument again.


This is the World War II Memorial.  We then walked down to the Vietnam Veterns Memorial before heading to the Lincoln Monument.


Here's Abe! There was a bride and groom taking pictures in front of Abe while we were there. They were so cute! I was really amazed at how big Abe was. You really can't tell just how big he is in pictures.

Sorry no Pinterest Sunday post this week, but as you can see, I've been busy! Although I have realized just how addicted to Pinterest I am because I keep wanting to pin things I see while we're out!

Tomorrow we'll be hitting the National Zoo and hopefully checking out some cupcakes!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment