Thursday, March 1, 2012

Uncertainty

You may have noticed, that lately I've been struggling to come up with topics. I'd like to blog daily as much as possible, but coming up with topics and trying to be interesting is tiring and doesn't make me want to sit down and write.

Thanks to my friend Trish over at Everyday Trish, I heard about National Blog Posting Month. Speaking of Trish, if you're not reading her blog, you really should! Anyway, with so few ideas for topics lately, I thought I'd give their writing prompts a shot.

NaBloPoMo March 2012


Today's topic is uncertainty

. Uncertainty is my life lately. My job is highly uncertain. I rely on a scheduler to call and offer my jobs. If I'm lucky, I get scheduled in advance and I know when and where I'm going to work. But sometimes, I have no idea if I'm going to work until I get a call in the morning or I don't get a call.

And of course, I only get paid when I work. So my pay is uncertain as well. I work full days everyday of the week, I get a good paycheck. But if I don't work, then no paycheck. As you can imagine, it makes our budget interesting some weeks.

Do I like it? Not really. I hate not knowing what my work schedule will be. I would much rather have a schedule. But I deal with it because it's what I want to do and it's what I need to do in order to get my own class and have that schedule.

I'm learning to tolerate uncertainty because I hope it holds something good for my future. And the future is the biggest uncertainty of all, isn't it?

How do you feel about uncertainty? Is it exciting or scary?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment