Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent 2014

It's time once again to make some Lenten sacrifices.

As usual, I'm giving up pop. I've been doing a lot better since last Lent. We don't keep pop in our house, so I usually only get it once a week when we go to my mother-in-law's for dinner or on the rare occasions when we go out to eat. It's nice to see that my sacrifices can lead to better habits.

I'm also giving up chocolate. This one will be hard. I constantly crave chocolate. But, that's the point of Lent! I anticipate that I'll be baking something sinfully chocolate for Easter dessert.

M and I also decided that we are not going to eat out during Lent. No getting Chick-fil-A, no grocery store deli fried chicken, and no ordering pizza when we don't feel like cooking. I think we rarely eat out, but I have a feeling this sacrifice will make me realize just how often we fall back onto eating out or ordering pizza. I do have one exception that's unavoidable and that's the day we take our girls' trip to the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale. Unless I want to pack a lunch, not eating out isn't really an option.

Since Lent is also supposed to be about developing some good habits as well, I'm going to challenge myself to get off my butt and get moving. It's time to finally try out the Just Dance 3 I got for Christmas and get the heart rate up. What can I say? Charlie and Meryl inspired me with their ice dancing. (P.S. I'm so excited they're going to be on Dancing with the Stars! I'm going to actually watch it this year.)

 I'll try to keep you updated on how I'm doing throughout Lent.

Are you giving up anything or starting a new habit?


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment