Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Liebster Award

Sara from Ms. Sunshine nominated me for a Liebster Award. It was really very sweet of her. I've only every been nominated for a blog award once before, so I'm pretty proud of it. So of course, I have to do the requirements now!



Here's what I have to do:
1. I will list 11 things about myself 
2. I will answer 11 questions Sara asked me 
3. I will nominate 11 others and ask them 11 questions

11 Things About Me

  1. I pick up accents very easily without even trying, especially southern ones. When I lived in Florida, I spoke like I came from South Carolina because my friend Charlene actually did come from South Carolina.
  2.  I hate wearing socks and shoes. I only wear socks in the winter to keep me warm and I only put on shoes when I leave the house. It's why I live in flip flops all summer.
  3. My dad is Canadian, so I actually have dual citizenship.
  4. My week is not complete without a trip to Target. I've been going to Target once a week since college.
  5. I always have a bunch of tabs open in my browser. I don't care if it makes things slower, I have to know as soon as something changes.
  6. I love to find coupons and get good deals. I get excited when I save a bunch of money.
  7. I am a sucker for boy bands. I grew up on NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, and NSYNC, so it should be no surprise that sing and dance in my car to One Direction whenever they come on the radio.
  8. I gladly drive more than 2 hours one way to shop at Ikea and HomeGoods because I love those stores so much. Sadly, it doesn't happen often.
  9. I have seen every episode of Sex and the City and the first movie, but not the second one. I'm a Charlotte, by the way.
  10. I love bake, but I send most of what I make to work with my husband because I have no willpower and will totally eat an entire batch of cupcakes.
  11. I love to travel and I'm always planning trips in my head.

 Sara's Questions
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?  It was inspired by my love of argyle and our argyle wedding.
2. What are you blogging goals? To meet people, get followers, get opportunities to do giveaways and reviews, and let's be honest, to make some money. Those bills don't pay themselves!
3. If you could travel back in time to witness any historical event, what would it be?  You know, for being such a big Doctor Who fan, I've never really thought about where I would ask the Doctor to take me if he ever did show up. I'm going to go with my current (and ongoing) British obsession and say that I'd like to see the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
4. If you could travel back in time to have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?  Princess Diana - I'd love to hear her opinions on everything.
5. If they were making a movie about your life, who would you want to play you?  Jennifer Lawrence, not because I think I look like her or anything, but because she seems like somebody I could be friends with. I love that she's awkward and funny in interviews. I have a feeling it's exactly how I would act if I was suddenly famous.
6. What is your dream job? Second grade teacher at our church's school or to own my own children's bookstore like Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail
7. What is your dream car? I actually love my Ford Fusion, so really I'd just want a newer hybrid version with 4 wheel drive.
8. What is your favourite book? 
 Adult book - Pride & Prejudice
Children's book - Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
9. What is your favourite movie?  This changes constantly and I really can't just pick one - Pride & Prejudice (The "new" one), Tangled, The Princess Bride
  
10. Who is your favourite musical artist? Kelly Clarkson
11. What is your favourite recipe to make?  Homemade Pizza or my famous Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes

My Questions
  1. What do you like on your pizza?
  2. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?
  3. If you could live anywhere in the world without worrying about money or career, where would you live?
  4. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
  5. Who is your favorite fictional character?
  6. What is your favorite flower?
  7. What was your first job?
  8. How do you like your eggs?
  9. If you could be on any reality show, which one would it be?
  10. What is your favorite room in your home?
  11. What is one thing you are looking forward to this year?
My nominees

Trish @ Everyday Trish
Claire @ The Country Mouse Tales

Ok, I know I'm supposed to nominate 11 people, but I'm terrible at following smaller blogs. I'm really making an effort this year to be better. So I only have two nominees. Besides, 11 is a horrible number. It really bothers me that it's not a nice round 10. But feel free to play along on your blog if you want. And leave me a link in the comments so I can start following your blog!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My husband has dual citizenship as well, his mom was Canadian and his dad is American.

    I have 6 tabs open in my browser currently. I never have just one!

    ReplyDelete