Monday, June 24, 2013

Week In Review


I'm late posting my week in review this week because frankly, last week wasn't great.

The big highlight of my week was starting my new summer job. Camp started on Monday and I was excited to meet my campers and have lots of fun playing games and doing arts and crafts.

We had been told to expect about 30 kids at our park. We got 7.

OK, we'll get more as the week goes on. People will hear about day camp and sign up. Nope.

We took the kids into the neighborhood around the park and passed out flyers. Nothing.

In fact, we even lost 2 kids to another park because the little girl was the only one, so she and her brother transferred.

The good part is that our kids are fun and we do a lot of fun things. The bad part is if we don't get more kids, we're going to have to shut down our site and the kids will have to go to a different park. The worst part is since attendance is lower than expected at all the parks, we're overstaffed and there may not be a job for me if we shut down our park.

 So while I spent my week doing crafts and playing a ton of dodgeball, I was also worrying about my job. I really love this job. The pay isn't great, but I'm having fun. I really don't want to lose my job. We should know something by the end of the week. I'm crossing my fingers it's good news.

 How was your week?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment