Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Social - Fall

Once again, I'm linking up with Neely and Ashley and getting social.

Sunday Social

What is your favorite Fall activity?

When I was in high school, it was spending my Friday nights at football games and my Saturdays cheering for my friends and brother at marching band competitions.

Now, I like going to some local festivals and enjoying the cooler weather.

Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?

Photobucket

I've been a pretty big Colts fan ever since college. It's not unusual to find me yelling at my TV on Sundays during the fall. Why the Colts? Well, I live in Indiana, so they're the home team. Plus, we had an amazing team when I started following them and ended up going to two Super Bowls.  I also have to cheer for the Broncos since they've got Peyton now.

I also like to cheer for whichever team is playing Notre Dame. (I know, I'm a terrible Catholic.)

What is something fun about Fall in your area?

You may have heard the saying, "There's more than corn in Indiana." Well, there is, but there's also a lot of corn. And you can do some pretty fun things with a field of corn...like, turn it into a corn maze!

Thanks to the abundance of corn fields in my area, there are several corn mazes. I'd always wanted to try it, so a couple years ago, M & I did one with our friends T & R.




It turns out, I really don't like being lost without a map, so I probably won't be doing a corn maze again for awhile.

Favorite Fall outfit staples?

Hoodies! Notice, I am wearing one in the corn maze. You could probably say that I collect hoodies, my collection is so big. They are my favorite thing to throw on in the fall because then I don't have to wear a coat.

This would be a perfect fall outfit for me...


And since hoodies aren't exactly work appropriate, I also love to wear cardigans in the fall, especially argyle ones.


See? I even wore one in our fall engagement pictures.

Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?

School being back in session so I can work and actually get paid!

The (hopefully) cooler weather, for one. I'm really tired of temperatures over 90 degrees in September.

And hopefully, being able to take a long weekend in Minnesota in October. Crossing my fingers that all works out for us!

Favorite Fall holiday? Traditions?

I like both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

First of all, Halloween is all about candy, what's not to love? And I love to decorate for Halloween. We don't do trick or treating, but I can't wait to have kids and take them.

I like Thanksgiving because I like all the food. My brother deep fries the turkey and it is so delicious! I think that needs to be a tradition, right there.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment