Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for 2014



With a new year, it's time to start some new goals. Hopefully, working on these goals will help improve life and they can become new habits.

Get a new job

This goal will probably not happen until the summer at the earliest, but it is something I can begin working on now. The ultimate goal is to get a full-time teaching position at either a local public school district or Catholic school. However, I would also be happy with either a paraprofessional position or a maternity leave position if a full-time job was not possible. Basically, I don't want to be subbing for another school year.

Along with this goal, if I am not in a full-time position next school year, then I think I would like to volunteer to help out with the religious education at our church. They are usually looking for volunteers and it will look good on my Catholic school applications.

Save money

We really need to be better about our budget. We aren't doing terribly, but we could definitely be doing better. I hope to be better about using coupons and sticking to the grocery budget. I already started making a price book to track sales and prices, so I can use that to help me know when to stock up and when to wait for better sales. I need to make sure I keep better track of our grocery spending every week.

Another part of this goal will be to eat out less, shop less, waste less food, and reduce any bills we can. Giving up my weekly trips to Target probably won't happen, but I need to be better about only buying things we actually need especially when it comes to clearance items. I need to remember that we're trying to save for either a Disney cruise or a trip to Disney World.

Keep the house clean and organized

I need to set up a cleaning schedule in order to help us keep things cleaned. I'm terrible about doing laundry regularly. I'm attempting to get all my laundry caught up this week and then will do it weekly. We also need to declutter. There are still unpacked boxes from when we moved into this house 3 years ago!

Be a better blogger

I need to set up a blogging schedule and be better about scheduling posts. It needs to become a habit for me to sit down and write every day.

What are your goals for 2014?

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend having a cleaning schedule! There are a ton on Pinterest that I found, but ended up kind of combining them into my own version since none of them felt quite right. If I get to the end of the day and I've completely all my daily cleaning tasks I feel so accomplished. And if I get to some of the weekly ones? Well I feel like a damn rock star ;-)

    ReplyDelete