Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope everybody had a good weekend and is starting the week off refreshed.

I worked at the store on Friday and Saturday morning. It was busy with holiday shoppers and I was glad that I wasn't dealing with all that on a daily basis anymore. Let me just say that some people need to learn the virtue of patience especially when out holiday shopping. You are not the only one in the store right now, you know?

I went shopping Saturday afternoon with my mom and managed not to hurt anyone, but I certainly thought about it. Again, you are not the only one in the mall and you ran into me, so stop giving me dirty looks and move on.

I was really hoping to get most of my shopping done, but sadly it didn't happen. I need to order a few things from Amazon after seeing the mall prices and of course it's not enough to qualify for the free shipping yet, so now I have to figure out something to add. And there are a couple that I have to buy for that I have no idea what to get. What do you get for people that say they don't know what they want and they don't have any specific hobbies?

Sunday started off with Mass. We missed last week due to an alarm malfunction, so this was our first week with the new translation. Happily, our parish had cards with the new stuff on it and pretty much the whole church messed stuff up, so I didn't feel too bad about being confused. The "And with your spirit" really threw everyone during the gospel reading. We had to try again!

Sunday afternoon I started my Christmas cookie baking. I'm trying to make various cookies ahead of time and then freeze them to enjoy at Christmas. Yesterday I decided to start with Snickerdoodles. I really like them and I haven't had them in awhile.

I don't have a recipe for Snickerdoodles, so I did a little searching and went with this recipe.

The blogger tried all kinds of Snickerdoodle recipes before declaring this one the perfect recipe. I tried one of the cookies from my first batch (quality control, I swear!) and they were very tasty. And they made the house smell great!

How was your weekend?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I've never made snickerdoodles before. I sure have stuffed enough of them that other people have made into my face though :)

    ReplyDelete