Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Here Comes the Bride!

The moms are seated, my girls have taken their places up front, and now it's time for the kids.

My nephew C and M's niece S were are ring bearer & flower girl. They are both adorable and can both be hams when they have an audience. But, I wasn't sure how they'd do when they had an audience full of people they didn't know. They did great walking down the aisle at the rehearsal, but our priest insisted that they bow when they reached the end (the bridal party did this as well) and I wasn't so sure they'd remember to do that at the wedding.

Aren't they adorable?
As you can see, they started out well. S was all smiles and C was taking his job seriously. At this point, I had entered the back of the church and was watching them. The little hams suddenly turned a bit shy when they reached the pews were the majority of our guests were sitting. They slowed down and seemed a bit apprehensive about approaching our priest. Finally, they made it to the end and the remembered to bow!! I couldn't believe it! (I didn't really care if they remembered or not, they're kids, after all. And neither is Catholic.) I think all of our guests were smitten with these cuties.

My dad and I watch their progress down the aisle.


Finally, it was time for me!

We used the same music for both the bridal party processional and me.


I chose Pachabel's Cannon because we played it just about every year at the end of the year big orchestra concert when I was in school. I always liked the sound of it and since I couldn't use the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" song, I went with what I knew and liked.

Only problem with not changing the music? Nobody stood up! And then, I didn't know when to walk! My dad and I just kind of hung out in the doorway waiting for somebody to stand up. It was awkward! It felt like minutes, but I'm sure it wasn't that long. Finally, a friend of ours toward the back took the hint and stood up!





I smiled the whole way down the aisle and tried to focus on M's face as he was seeing me for the first time. It was a relief to make it to the end and know that we would soon be married.

All photos by Amanda Fales.

And for your viewing pleasure - Video taken by a guest of me coming down the aisle! Can I just point out how awesome my photographer is? I never would of thought to fix my train before walking down the aisle, but there she is, fluffing away! Amanda Fales is the best!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment