Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Time to Get Ready!

It's time to start the official wedding recaps! I can't wait to share with you our awesome photos. Up first, it's time for the girls to get ready.

Since our wedding was at 1 P.M., we started the getting ready process fairly early in the morning. There was no sleeping in on this Saturday.

I picked up Bridesmaid R at my mother-in-law's house after 6:00 a.m. and we met the other bridesmaids at my mom's house. I actually told the others to be there earlier than they really needed to be just to ensure that everyone arrived by 7 a.m. which was when my hair stylist was scheduled to arrive. This worked well because people did end up running "late," but they were all really on time.  We started at 7 a.m. and the photographers started at 8 a.m., but they didn't miss much. Mostly us stuffing our faces & Bridesmaid T getting her hair done.


I loved getting ready at my mom's house. It was the house I grew up in and it seemed like the perfect place to get ready for my wedding. We did hair at the kitchen table since the bathrooms aren't very spacious. This allowed us to be together as we got ready and gave us the opportunity to tease Bridesmaid R as she got girlie.


By this time, I asked that the TV be turned from the news shows to some Saturday morning cartoons. I ended up watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while getting my hair done.



I did my own make-up. Mostly because I had no idea how to find a makeup artist in my area and I'm cheap. I only use Bare Minerals so I would have wanted someone who was familiar with and used those products as well. I did my own makeup for our engagement pictures and I thought it photographed well, so I was OK with doing my wedding makeup as well. I did get tips from a Bare Minerals message board and I practiced many times.

By this point, I was aware that we were getting close to being off schedule and it was time to hurry up and get dressed so we could take pictures before we left for the church.


I put on my wedding dress in my childhood bedroom. I wish we had gotten more pictures of this, but it was pretty straightforward, step in dress, zip dress.

All pictures by Amanda Fales Photography

Next time: Bridal pictures!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment