Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Washington DC Day 4

We spent the day outdoors for a change today. We headed to the other side of DC to the National Zoo!

We had a great time, but my one complaint is that they don't have free maps here! You can pay $2 for a paper map or use the map signs located throughout the park. The other Smithsonian museums that we visited had free paper maps available. They were basic, but handy.

Here are some phone pictures I took today.

Owls! (In other news, I have no idea why my phone pics are so small now when they were big the other day.)






Pandas! They were so cute. When we get back, I'll be posting all the pictures I took with my real camera and believe me, I took lots of pictures of these pandas and the red pandas!

After the zoo, we headed to Dupont Circle to check out a cupcake place that my friend T recommended after her trip to DC a couple weeks ago. Hello Cupcake was a cute shop and the cupcakes looked so pretty. I wish I had taken a picture of the shop.

We got 4 different cupcakes to try some different flavors. I'll do a proper review when we get back, but so far they are super yummy!

This one is You Tart and it was fantastic! Lemon cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting and sugar on top. So fresh and delicious!

Tomorrow is our last day in DC. We'll be starting with Arlington Cemetery and then probably going into DC to see the White House and other things we've missed.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment