Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Anxious Bride Walking

It seemed not long after I arrived at the church, it was time for the wedding to start. I anxiously watched the clock and hoped that everything was going according to plan as I had no idea what was going on in the church above me. Soon, it was time for the girls and me to get ready to walk down the aisle.

Because we were in the basement of the church, getting to the front of the church unseen was a bit of a journey. There are 2 staircases out of the basement. One brings you directly into the church. Not a very dramatic entrance. The other, brings you into a reception hall directly behind the sanctuary. From there, we would have to exit the church in the back and walk around the church to the front. And I wanted to do all of this unseen!

Not sure why I look so terrified as we made our way to the stairs.
The trickiest part came when we came up the back staircase. This staircase also has an entrance to the sacristy, which is where M and his groomsmen were hanging out. I made one of the girls go ahead to ensure they were not in sight of the doorway.

After that, it was a walk around the church and to the front door. This is about the time I realized that yes, my shoes were not on tight enough and if I wasn't careful, I would lose them.



Concentrating on keeping my shoes on my feet and not tripping!

As you may have noticed in previous pictures, our church's front doors are solid. After entering these doors, you are in a small vestibule with clear doors to the actual church. Because of that, I could not actually enter the church until it was time for me to walk down the aisle. My dad stood in the vestibule and watched for when it was time for the girls to enter. Meanwhile, we posed for one last picture.



All photos by Amanda Fales Photography
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment