Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reading, Watching, Eating, and Wearing

I'm afraid life is a bit boring right now and for lack of anything better to share, I thought I'd share some things I've been reading, watching etc.

Reading



I recently finished Steig Larssson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I read it because I thought the new movie version looked interesting and I try to read the books before I see the movie when they are this popular. At first I wasn't sure the book would be something I would enjoy, but I soon got into it and couldn't put it down. It's a bit longer and more detailed than my usual bodice rippers, so it took me longer than my usual 2 days to read a book. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Watching



Thanks to Netflix Instant Watch, I'm hooked on Burn Notice. Prior to watching it, I didn't realize it was funny. It's a drama with plenty of spy action, but there's also comedy, which I enjoy.

Eating

source
A Twitter friend mentioned recently that she had tried a Cara Cara orange and it was the best orange she'd ever had. I enjoy oranges on occasion and was curious to try something that got such a glowing recommendation. Luckily, Meijer has them on sale this week, so I picked one up during my weekly trip to the grocery store.

I ate it tonight and I really enjoyed it! Cara Cara oranges are more pink on the inside and are seedless. They are sweet and low in acid. Some say they have a cranberry note to them, but I did not taste that in mine. I'll be picking up some more next time I'm craving an orange.

Wearing

Maybe I should say buying, not wearing just yet. I desperately needed new brown shoes for work as my current pair are getting worn in the toes and don't look so great. M and I headed to DSW tonight since he also needs some new shoes for work. I found these Kelly & Katie Paley shoes on clearance. So far they're comfortable and I think they'll work well.


Thanks to the snowy weather we've been having lately, I am wearing these. I bought these Skechers boots 2 years ago and I love them. They are cute and stylish while keeping my feet warm and dry. They are comfortable enough for me to wear while shopping. I love them so much I wish I had gotten them in brown too.


What about you? Have you read, watched, eaten, or worn anything interesting lately?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment