Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Just some random thoughts to share. Not enough to make a blog post on their own, so I thought I'd combine them for a random post.

  • Technology and Communication - Am I the only that feels like with all the technology we have, we have way too many ways to communicate with people? Look, I just want to ask a friend a question or set up some plans and I cannot figure out how to do it. Do I text them, tweet them, leave them a message on their Facebook wall, send them a Facebook message, leave a blog comment if they have a blog, email them, etc. It's just too much! And when I do go with one of those choices, it never seems to be the right one! And I realize that calling would be simpler and easy, but my friends and I are not really talk on the phone people. Maybe we should be and this would all be simpler!

  • Incompetence - Is it really too much to expect people to do their jobs correctly? I feel like lately that's been the case. I've had 2 different people at 2 different companies perform a service that was part of their normal job and they've both screwed it up and cost me money. It makes me so mad that I can't count on people to just do their job right and not have to worry about what this is going to cost me.

  • I've been reading about cruises a lot lately. Why? I have no idea. We don't have plans to go on one anytime soon. And of course, reading about them makes me want to go on one. Sigh. We need to win the lottery.
  • My new favorite hobby is to answer the phone when I don't recognize the number and then report the telemarketer for calling because we are on the National Do Not Call list. I hope they enjoy the fines they get. We also get a lot of mail for previous tenants which is odd because nobody else has lived in our house for the past 5 years or so. I now return it all to sender. Maybe they'll finally get the hint. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment