Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent

As you may have deduced from some of my Wedding Wednesday posts, M and I are Catholic. M was born and raised Catholic and I converted prior to our wedding. I was baptized and confirmed at Easter 2 years ago, so this is my third Easter as a Catholic.

Lent is a time to give something up and perhaps pick up some new habits. This year I am giving up caffeinated beverages. I do this every year and every year I think it will stick longer than the 40 days of Lent, but after Easter I go right back to drinking Coke like I never stopped. This year I'm really going to try hard to keep it up! I am also making a plan to work out everyday that I don't close at work. I recently got Just Dance 2 for the Wii and I really enjoy doing the dancing, but I never make time to do it.  Hopefully Lent will give me the motivation I need.

M says that he is giving up pizza for Lent. This is major because he eats pizza several times a week. It's the biggest part of his diet. I think it's going to be tough for him (especially since I'm not giving it up!) but I will be super impressed if he does it.

I'll keep you posted on how we're doing! Are you planning on giving anything up for Lent?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment