Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Dress Shopping Take 2

A few weeks after our first shopping trip, we decided to try it again.

We decided to start at a bridal boutique just down the road from the store we first visited. They often have pretty dresses in the window. When we entered the small store, we were greeted and helped by the Hispanic gentleman that owns the store. After he found out what kind of dress I wanted, he began to pull out samples for me to look at. It is very hard to get a good sense of a dress when it's in a plastic bag, so I tried to be open minded and selected a few to try.

Here's where the trip turns comical. The fitting room was basically a closet. It locked from the outside, so if I wanted out of the room, I had to knock on the door and he would open it. And there was no mirror in the room, so to look in a mirror, I had to be let out of the room! Luckily, my mom and my MOH fit in the room with me and they let me know if I should even bother to look in the mirror.

I'll share with you some pictures that my MOH took in the closet. I don't have any info about designers or style. I'm not sure that we even bothered to write them down if the info was even available.

Lace, of course. I don't like spaghetti straps though.

Love what this one did for my waist, don't love the side ruffle there.

Mori Lee Blu 4527 This was the only dress that I felt the need to look in the mirror. It was chiffon with lace, both fabrics I liked. However, it was so big that it was hard to tell what it really looked like.

Loved the lace, but the front bow was a bit much.
We then headed back to the local boutique we first went to because they had tweeted that they were getting new Maggie Sottero gowns in and I had my eye on a new Maggie. Sadly, after browsing the racks, we realized there were no new dresses. We decided not to waste the trip and had my MOH try on some bridesmaids dresses.

We eventually ended up hitting a wedding boutique in a small town about 20 minutes away. They had a mice selection, fabulous dressing rooms and a friendly staff.

This is Forever Yours 46209.  I liked the lace on top and the back was really interesting.

Casablanca 1875 I really liked Casablanca dresses! This one was nice and the waist is great, but it was a little too plain for my tastes.


I admit that I was comparing every dress I tried on to another one I had tried on previously. Was that dress the one? We still had two more wedding boutiques to visit. What would we find there?

No comments:

Post a Comment