Monday, April 22, 2013

Week In Review


Last week really flew by!

Monday

I didn't have to work, so I stayed home and thought I would be productive, but that never actually seems to happen.

Tuesday

 I taught fourth grade. I'm not usually a fan of the older kids, but this class was pretty good. It's always hit or miss with that age, but none of them had attitude and we got along pretty well. The highlight of my day was teaching math using a PowerPoint presentation. I walked around the room clicking through slides like I was presenting a new proposal to Donald Trump or something.

Wednesday

I taught second grade which is my favorite grade to teach.

Thursday

I taught kindergarten, which I enjoy, although I know it's not everybody's cup of tea. I had the world's awesome-est para and despite the challenges of the day, it went really well and I had fun.

After school, I went to Target which was a big deal because I hadn't been there in a couple weeks and I normally go every week. I actually managed to only spend about $10 and not buy anything I didn't actually need. I might be sick.

The really big deal of the day was that my new social security card was in the mail. Less than a week after I requested it! They told me at the SS office it would be two weeks. I was really impressed.

Friday

I had to teach first grade in the morning. After school, I went to my summer job and they made copies of my stuff. I'm really excited for my new job.

Saturday

I slept in super late, but since I don't work weekends anymore, I highly enjoyed it. I did manage to be productive enough to do a load of laundry and make some hard cooked eggs.

Earlier in the week, M and I had been at my mother-in-law's house and while going through some boxes, we found some genealogy papers someone had given her. She let me take them since I've been working on our family trees. I thought the info would be old news to me, but I sat down Saturday and decided to go through them. The papers actually turned out to be very useful and contain new stuff. I got sucked back into work on our family trees again.

Sunday

Something came over me and I actually voluntarily deep cleaned the kitchen. I have no idea what possessed me, but I'm really proud of how good it looks. Every time I walk in there, I just stop and smile. Now, to see if we can keep it up!

How was your week?

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment