Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wife to Wife - The Ring



Thanks to Sara at Ms. Sunshine, I found a new link-up to join! This one is a monthly one, so these posts will only appear on the last Wednesday of every month. Now I just hope I remember to do it each month!

This month is about the rings. I've previously shared the store of how we got my engagement ring on the blog, but I'll do a quick summary for this post. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 of ring shopping for the whole story.

The short story is, I picked out my own engagement ring and was with my husband when he bought it several months before we got engaged.

A local jewelry store was closing and it was the store we had previously browsed at, so we went to their big closing sale. I tried a couple different rings and eventually decided on my ring.

 photo IMG_0037.jpg


Prior to our shopping trip, all I really knew was that I wanted a princess cut diamond and a white gold band I didn't want a solitaire and I liked unique rings. I love my engagement ring!

For our wedding rings, we went to another local store. I wanted a band that was thin like the middle part of my ring and this store was able to order me one. And bonus, it was actually less expensive than I thought it would be.

 photo IMG_0260.jpg



I love my rings and love to wear them!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful!

    Xo
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your rings are beautiful & I loved both of your posts about them.
    Thank you for linking up, hope you link up next time. :)

    -Cheltee
    http://somethingaboutyounme.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your simple, thing wedding band! So dainty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ring is really unique, love it! I want an eternity band like your wedding band, it's so delicate, perfect!

    ReplyDelete