Monday, July 29, 2013

Week In Review

 
Last week was the last week of camp. Surprisingly, it went by very quickly. I think it helped that it was a busy week full of activities.

On Monday, we took the kids roller skating. I was surprised at how many kids were good at roller skating. I sat out on this trip because I'm lucky if I can walk in a straight line. I always wanted to roller skate when I was a kid, but no matter how many times I tried, I was never successful.

On Tuesday, a gentleman from the local science center came and did some demonstrations/experiments with our older kids. It was pretty interesting and I think the kids liked it. We spent the afternoon at the pool for the last time.

We had our talent show on Thursday. One of the perks of working with a cop? You get to use the squad car for your act. We had a skit involving cops and criminals and it was very entertaining. Nothing like getting to rough up your campers for fun.

Friday was our last day. We had a pizza party for the kids at our camp before all the camps met at the local beach. At the beach, we had ice cream with a ton of toppings. We definitely loaded the kids up with food and sugar that day!

Having a summer job really made the summer go by fast. I can't believe school will start in a couple weeks already. I am planning on doing the job again next year. Which camp site I decide to go to will depend on some factors, but I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

I spent the weekend at home, relaxing. I spent most of Sunday working on my family tree. I hadn't done that in awhile and I ended up getting sucked in by some new information. I'm such a nerd.

How was your week?

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. A family tree sounds awesome! Are you working on the information or a piece of art?

    Fun summer jobs always make the summer go by so fast. I usually had crappy summer jobs and summer just didn't end..

    Enjoy some down time after all the fun with tons of kids ;-)

    ReplyDelete