Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lent 2012

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which means Lent starts tomorrow. Every year since I've converted to Catholicism, I've given something up for Lent. I'm also supposed to try to develop some new good habits, but that never seems to stick for me.

Every year I give up caffeinated beverages. I do this every year and every year I think it will stick longer than the 40 days of Lent, but after Easter I go right back to drinking Coke like I never stopped. One year I also gave up chocolate. It was tough, but I made it.

This year I've decided to step it up and challenge myself even more. This year instead of giving up just caffeinated beverages, I'm going to give up beverage that contain high fructose corn syrup. I know it's not good for me and I know I really drink way too much of it. I have a feeling it's going to be a long 40 days of milk, water, and 100% juices. Hopefully it will change my drinking habits and I'll drink less pop after Lent.

I'm also going to try to start a habit of working out. I spend far too much time in front of my computer or on the couch. I need to get moving even if it's only doing Just Dance for awhile each day. Maybe I'll even get really motivated and do the 30 Day Shred.

I'll keep you posted on how I do. Are you giving up anything for Lent?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment