Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding Predictions

With nearly 12 hours until the Royal Wedding, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and sharing my predictions with you.

First, the most important detail that everyone is dying to know...the dress!
Kate will absolutely go with a British designer. I think the gown will emphasize her waist as that seems to be her style. I think the skirt will be full, but not ballgown full. And she has to have a train! At least 10 feet, I think. Why? It takes 4 minutes to walk down the aisle at Westminster Abbey because it is so long and Kate will be photographed from above. A train will make a statement and be perfect for a royal wedding. It will be long, but manageable.

As for details, I think the dress will feature lace and pearls. I also believe that she will have some type of sleeve. She cannot go strapless and at the very least must have her shoulders covered, so I'd like to see a 3/4 length lacy sleeve. Her veil will be long and lacy as well.

I think this Ramona Keveza dress is a great example of a perfect dress for Kate.
Romona Keveza's Royal Collection- inspired by Kate-  Pre... on Twitpic

I think she'll wear pearl and diamond jewelry. Nothing too large, but I think some if will be borrowed from the royal family.

As for her hair, I think Kate will wear it half up and half down. I'm a firm believer that your wedding hair should be a fancy version of what you like best. Kate seems to like wearing her hair down (and she has beautiful hair!), so I think she'll do a polished half up do for her big day. I expect lots of curls. By the way, did you know Kate is doing her own makeup? She usually does her own makeup and hair for outings and royal duties and she reportedly did her makeup for the engagement pictures.

What about a headpiece? I'd like to see Kate wear a tiara, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a flower instead. If she goes that route, I think she should wear a tiara to the evening dinner and dance.

Speaking of the evening party, I do believe that Kate will change dresses and wear something more like what she typically wears to parties. I think we'll see something still white, but more form fitting. A sheath with some bling, perhaps?

So, what about the flowers? Westminster Abbey is going to be filled with flowers and trees!
Check out this picture!
Isn't that gorgeous? The flowers used in the Abbey are reported to include azaleas, lilacs, rhododendron, and wisteria among others. All of the flowers are shades of white. The flowers are coming from Windsor Great Park.

I think Kate's bouquet will be full of white English roses along with other white flowers. It's sure to include some myrtle, which is a tradition dating back to Queen Victoria. I think they're going for white with green as an accent color for the flowers.

The cake is to be a multi-tiered fruitcake covered in cream and white icing. It will have a British floral theme with lots of intricate piping. I think it will be gorgeous. I'm guessing at least 7 tiers.

Prince William's groom's cake will be a chocolate biscuit cake, which sounds really delicious!

I can't wait to see what the wedding is really like! Are you getting up early to watch?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment