Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Engagement Pictures

Booking our photographer was actually fairly easy. I had been following a lot of local (and not so local) wedding photographers' blogs for awhile. I knew what style of photography I liked and I was excited to find one that fit our "budget."

(Ok, honestly, there was a budget in my head, but I have no clue how well we stuck to it. I have never sat down and figured out exactly how much out wedding cost us. I'm actually scared to find out that we went horribly over budget! I did have a list of various elements and a suggestion of how much we should spend on each based on our budget. I think I did a good job of staying within range.)

Anyway, because we had gotten such a great deal on our reception venue, I was able to splurge on our photographer. I cannot say it enough, if you are going to splurge, do it on the photographer. Do NOT go budget on this! It will show in the photos and do you really want to have bad photos of such an important day? You will never regret splurging on an excellent photographer.

We hired the fabulous Amanda Fales Photography for our wedding. Amanda and her husband Andy are based out of Indianapolis, but originally from this area. They actually do a lot of weddings locally. I originally discovered Amanda through a local wedding magazine that featured her work. I actually booked Amanda without even meeting her! Crazy, I know, but I had been following her blog for so long, that I knew I loved her work and her personality really showed in her writing.

We first met Amanda and Andy at our engagement session which was included in our wedding package. I wanted to do our pictures at a local park in the fall. I had hopes of having wonderful fall foliage in our pictures, but sadly, Mother Nature didn't want to cooperate and many trees had not yet started to change. Oh well, the pictures are still fabulous! Here are a few of our favorites.



We used this one for our newspaper announcements.
We were totally sitting in some underbrush for this one.


It started drizzling halfway through our session. Luckily, I had a cute argyle umbrella!
The park has a wonderful field of dahlias. If I had a fall wedding, I would've had these as our flowers.

 All pictures by Amanda Fales Photography

We loved our engagement pictures and I tried to use them as much as possible. I used them for our save the dates, Christmas cards and our guest book. We even gave our families framed pictures for Christmas presents. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment