Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Shower Time!

Inspired by the rainy spring weather we've been having this week, I decided it was time to tell you about my bridal shower!

But first, a few notes about our gift registries. We registered at Target and Kohl's, which are probably the two stores I shop at the most. I already told you how I feel about registering at Target. Kohl's was pretty much the opposite of our Target experience. I highly recommend registering at Kohl's.

We registered just before buying our house, so we already had an idea of what we needed and what colors we wanted for the various rooms. Because I had lived on my own in an apartment before, I did have some kitchen stuff already, but it was mostly cheap stuff that we were looking to upgrade. We mostly registered for kitchen items, small appliances, towels and decorative items. I will do a bigger post later about what exactly we registered for and what we did and did not receive.

On to the shower! My shower was thrown about a month before the wedding by my Maid of Honor L and Bridesmaid T. My mom agreed to have the shower at her house as she had the most space. The guests were mostly family from my side and M's side and a few friends.

The theme was Paris and the colors were pink & green.
Most of the food spread.
Better look at the food. Most of this was homemade and so yummy!
Bridesmaid T did the flowers. They were so pretty!
Cupcakes!

Me, my sister-in-law, my niece and bridesmaid R and my mother-in-law. Luckily, it was a good hair day and that dress does awesome things for my waist!
Everybody helped themselves to some yummy food and then we played a few games, including making dresses out of toilet paper. Then it was time for gifts!

Apparently, I was excited about the griddle!
I'll spare you more photos of me making awkward faces and holding up my gifts. I got lots of great gifts and everybody had a fun time. I felt very lucky to be so showered with love!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment