Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Going to the Movies

M and I don't go the movies very often. We try to be cheap and having Netflix pretty much satisfies our movie desires. I think last year I went to two movies, The King's Speech and Harry Potter. We tend to go for my birthday and then to see any series movies that we like.

However this year, we may be going a bit more. I keep seeing ads and previews for movies that I'd really like to see. Part of the problem with Netfilx is waiting for the move to come out on DVD and then frequently waiting longer because the studios have put a delay on Netfilx.

And sometimes I'm just not good with waiting. Sometimes, I just want to see it RIGHT NOW! Plus, that popcorn is so darn good!

Here are some of the movies I can't wait to see this year.



Mostly I just want to see this one because my favorite actor, Benedict Cumberbatch is in it. Although, I do enjoy a good spy story and the cast looks excellent. Unfortunately, because it's an independent British film, finding a theater to see it in has proved rather difficult. It was at a local theater that we like, but it is no longer there. I think it was only there for 2 weeks or less. It's now at another theater that we've never been to, but I'm unsure how long it will run there. This may end up being a movie we have to Netflix.


When I was a kid, Beauty and the Beast was my favorite Disney movie. I loved that Belle was brunette like me and she loved books like I did. I hold this movie responsible for my love of all things French. I don't normally like 3D movies, but I hear that this is pretty 3D and not the in your face 3D that I hate. Maybe I can convince my husband to take me if I can't find a girlfriend to go with?


I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I've been reading them for several years and right now I'm reading the 18th book. I wasn't sure that a movie version would live up to the book, but the trailer looks fun


I love Reese Witherspoon and this movie looks cute. Plus, Chris Pine!


I know, I know, but I watched the trailer and it looks cute. Plus Julia Roberts was pretty good in it. Plus, this looks better than the Kristen Stewart Snow White movie.


I like the Men in Black movies.


There is no question that we are going to see this movie. I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid and Christian Bale's Batman is just amazing.


We enjoyed the first movie, so I'm sure my husband will want to see Expendables 2.


Again, no question that we will be seeing this one. We are die hard James Bond fans. I love Daniel Craig as James Bond.


Definitely seeing this one! Two of my favorite actors plus a cast of other great actors? I saw all of The Lord of the Rings movies in the theater and even though I've never read any Tolkien, I enjoyed them. All of the behind the scene stuff I've seen has been amazing.

There are other movies coming out this year that look interesting, but not enough to pay to watch them. We'll add them to the Netflix queue and watch them when they're available.

What movies are you looking forward to this year?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment