Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

January is already flying by! Christmas vacation is officially over, so no more working at the store for me. Instead, I'm waiting for the phone to ring with some sub jobs. I didn't expect a call today, so I'm trying to get some things done around the house and do some meal planning.

But first, how was your weekend? I got to celebrate my birthday all weekend long.

On Friday, M took the day off work and we went to the movies. We saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It was very good and I ate way too much popcorn. I wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner, but the wait was nearly an hour and there was no where to wait inside. So, we walked over to the Red Lobster next door and their wait was only 20 minutes.

After dinner, we cut into my adorable birthday cake . I didn't want to cut it, so I made my husband do it. Our cake baker, Adam, really outdid himself with this one!



Saturday was the big day. I've been growing my hair out for nearly 4 years and it was finally time to cut it! L, who was my MOH, came with me for moral support and she took pictures and video. I don't have those yet, so look for those in another post soon.

Here's a bad phone picture of the before
We ended up cutting off 9 inches and I'll be sending that off to Pantene so they can make a wig with it for a cancer patient.

The after!

Excuse the bad phone pictures, but I needed to quickly upload some shots to Facebook and this was a lot easier than using my digital camera and uploading.

 Saturday evening, M and I had dinner with my mom and she gave me some birthday presents.

Sunday, we worked on cleaning around the house and took down our Christmas tree. I'm working on getting all the Christmas decor put away and putting up what little Valentine decor I have.

Sunday evening was dedicated to two of our favorite British TV programs. (We are Anglophiles who mostly prefer British shows to American ones.) Downton Abbey's second season started on PBS and the second episode of Sherlock's second season aired in the UK, so I obtained that through some kind Brits on the internet.

How was your weekend?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment