Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let's Go Shopping! HomeGoods

I mentioned that a couple weekends ago we had the chance to be in the Chicago area for a day. And no trip to the Chicago area is complete without a trip to HomeGoods. I really don't understand why we don't have one in our area. We have two T.J. Maxx and a Marshall's. Clearly, we need a HomeGoods.

Whenever we go to HomeGoods or T.J. Maxx or Marshall's, we are on the lookout for two things: a matching lamp for our living room and the perfect Lane recliner for our living room.

You see, we got our living room lamp a couple years ago at a local T.J. Maxx. At the time, we only needed one. So when we found another one at a Chicago area HomeGoods, we skipped it. But then we rearranged our living room and decided that we really needed another one. So we're constantly on the lookout, even though by now it's probably a lost cause.

We also discovered on our first trip to HomeGoods, that they carry Lane recliners for $300. I really want one for our living room, but we've never found one that goes with our colors. They also carry them at T.J. Maxx and Marshall's, but the selection at HomeGoods is usually better.

On our recent trip to HomeGoods, I was hoping to score some good baby deals since it was a HomeGoods and T.J. Maxx in one store. I didn't end up buying anything, but here's a look at a few things I liked.


We didn't find our lamp, but I did spot this one. It would go with our green living room and our loose theme of flowers/birds/owls.


This loveseat was interesting. It doesn't really go with anything in my house, but I liked it. I liked the mixed media of cloth cushions, woven base, and wooden frame.


And then I spotted this Lane recliner. And I nearly cried. It was perfect! But money is tight right now, so we don't have $300 for a chair we don't actually need. And we really didn't have room in the van since there were 5 of us traveling together. I really wanted to take it home with me though.

Oh HomeGoods, why must you torment me? And when are you coming to my area?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment