Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Let's Go Shopping! Ikea

Over the weekend, we took a trip to the Chicago suburbs to see some family members from Arizona that were in town visiting. And of course, no trip to the Chicago area is complete without a trip to Ikea and Homegoods. I'm envious of people that live in a town that has either an Ikea or a Homegoods. Our closest stores are two hours away, so we love an excuse to head that way.

While at Ikea, I was on a strict budget, so I wasn't able to just throw everything I wanted into the cart. However, I kept seeing things that I liked, so instead of buying them, I snapped pictures with my phone to share with you. Let's go shopping at Ikea!


Welcome to the Bolingbrook Ikea! I haven't been here since April 2011 according to Foursquare. That's way too long to go without an Ikea fix.



I absolutely loved this closet display! It was so pretty and feminine. If I ever win the lottery, I am so buying a house where I can have a closet like this!

Down in the Marketplace, I found lots of items that I wished I could take home with me.




I loved all these dining and serving pieces. The pink and green combination with the floral patterns made them feel vintage. Sadly, they don't go with our retro red and green cherry themed kitchen, so they stayed at Ikea.


 I love the artwork at Ikea. These two pieces definitely caught my eye. I think the Tvilling posters of cherry blossoms might work in my bathroom, but the walls are getting a little full in there for such a small space. I'm not sure where I'd put that Olunda butterfly piece, but was really cute.

So what did I buy? Just a couple of things, actually.

If you follow me on Pinterest, you know I love the idea of using the Bekvam spice racks for bookshelves in kids' rooms. I'm so afraid that Ikea will stop making them before we have a kid, that I've been trying to stock up on them for awhile now. The past two times we've been to Ikea, they've been sold out. This time, they actually had a few on the shelf, so I grabbed two.

And I bought something I just couldn't resist.

I fell in love with this and couldn't stop looking at it, so I knew it had to come home with me. It's going in my bathroom where I can admire it every day. You can't tell in the picture, but the color under the butterflies is actually purple. There's purple in my shower curtain, so that should tie it in nicely.

I think I did a pretty good job of getting out of Ikea without blowing the budget. Of course, today I got the new 2013 Ikea catalog and I'm already dreaming of another trip.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment