Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Social

Once again, I'm linking up with Neely and Ashley and getting social.

Sunday Social

What is your favorite Fall activity?

When I was in high school, it was spending my Friday nights at football games and my Saturdays cheering for my friends and brother at marching band competitions.

Now, I like going to some local festivals and enjoying the cooler weather.

Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?

You may have noticed a shirt I wore while on our trip to DC...

Photobucket

I've been a pretty big Colts fan ever since college. It's not unusual to find me yelling at my TV on Sundays during the fall. Why the Colts? Well, I live in Indiana, so they're the home team. Plus, we had an amazing team when I started following them and ended up going to two Super Bowls. This upcoming season should be interesting, to say the least. I may also have to cheer for the Broncos since they've got Payton now.

What is something fun about Fall in your area?

You may have heard the saying, "There's more than corn in Indiana." Well, there is, but there's also a lot of corn. And you can do some pretty fun things with a field of corn...like, turn it into a corn maze!

Thanks to the abundance of corn fields in my area, there are several corn mazes. I'd always wanted to try it, so last year, M & I did one with our friends T & R.




It turns out, I really don't like being lost without a map, so I probably won't be doing a corn maze again for awhile.

Favorite Fall outfit staples?

Hoodies! Notice, I am wearing one in the corn maze. You could probably say that I collect hoodies, my collection is so big. They are my favorite thing to throw on in the fall because then I don't have to wear a coat.

This would be a perfect fall outfit for me...


And since hoodies aren't exactly work appropriate, I also love to wear cardigans in the fall, especially argyle ones.


See? I even wore one in our fall engagement pictures.

Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?

School being back in session so I can work and actually get paid!

The (hopefully) cooler weather, for one. I'm really tired of temperatures over 90 degrees every day.

Also, my best friend is due on Halloween, so I'm looking forward to throwing her a baby shower and also meeting her little guy!

I'm also really looking forward to not working on Black Friday for the first time in 7 years.

Edy's makes an Apple Pie ice cream only in the fall and I love to enjoy that with some carmel sauce on top. Yummy!

Favorite Fall holiday? Traditions?

I like both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

First of all, Halloween is all about candy, what's not to love? And I love to decorate for Halloween. We don't do trick or treating, but I can't wait to have kids and take them.

I like Thanksgiving because I like all the food. My brother deep fried the turkey last year and it was so delicious! I think that needs to be a tradition, right there.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment