Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Haulidays Givaway

I love to read and I love books. I love to go to the local library and roam the stacks looking for a variety of books to take home with me. I usually come home with a stack full of "trashy" romance novels, chick lit, mysteries, and cookbooks. My husband usually accompanies me and he usually gets sci-fi and humor books.

And considering the number of boxes of books in our house, I should probably just admit that I have a children's literature addiction. I started buying children's books in college and I haven't really stopped. When I had my own classroom, I ordered from the book orders all the time.

So when I discovered Chronicle Book's Happy Haulidays Giveaway, I knew I had to participate. Chronicle Books is giving $500 worth of books to a lucky blogger AND one commenter. Plus, this year, they are also giving a charity of the blogger's choice $500 worth of Chronicle Books.

And all I have to do to be eligible is blog about what books I'd like to win. Making the list is easy enough, but keeping it down to only $500 might be hard!

My list is a mix of books for myself, my husband and my children's book collection.

F in Exams

Obsessed with Star Trek


A Zeal of Zebras

A is for Astronaut

Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!

Eric Carle Decorative Prints

The First Real Kitchen Cookbook

Pregnancy To-Do's

Fertility Facts

The Baby Bump

So You Want to be Canadian

Out of Sight

Eric Carle: A Journal for Baby's First Year

Pregnancy Planner

Peek-a-Who?

Ruhlman's Twenty

If I won, I would choose my local library system, Elkhart Public Libraries to get $500 worth of books. They've had a lot of budget cuts lately and I bet they'd love to get $500 worth of books for free! I've been a patron of the library system since I was a kid. I remember going to the library with my mom to pick out books. I used to love that the bookmobile came to our neighborhood in the summer and I could walk to get books.

And remember, if I do win, one lucky commenter will also win. So, comment if you'd like to win with me!

Wish us luck!

P.S. Today is the last day for the contest, so comment ASAP!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment