Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I hope everybody had a good weekend. It's hard to believe that next weekend is Christmas!

I went out Friday to try to finish our Christmas shopping. I knew going on Saturday would be crazy and I hoped that Friday would be better. The stores were definitely busy, but I was prepared and tried not to kill anybody. I really only wanted to smack one man old enough to be my father for not waiting in line like everybody else. I'm not sure why he thought he was special enough to be the first to the newly opened register, but whatever, karma got him when the cashier made him wait while she counted her drawer.

I did manage to get most of the shopping done though and I did get some good deals, so it was a good day.

Saturday, I worked at the store and it was busy! Luckily, I didn't have any mean customers, so my day went pretty well and pretty quickly.

Sunday, I did some more Christmas cookie baking.

I made these soft sugar cookies. I've made this recipe before and they are super yummy. I like them more than the ones you buy at the grocery store because I know exactly what is in these. One thing I do recommend about this recipe is to flatten the cookies into a disc shape instead of a ball because they don't spread a lot.

I still have 3 more cookies to make and I think I'm going to make blondies too.

Looks like my week will be full of wrapping presents and baking. Sounds great to me!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment