Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Review

Now that I'm done with our honeymoon recaps, I wanted to do a quick review of our hotel, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

As I mentioned before, Animal Kingdom Lodge is a deluxe resort. We splurged because it was our honeymoon and we were lucky to get a PIN code that took 40% off the rack room rate. Disney randomly sends out the PIN codes and I had rarely received one prior to planning our honeymoon. Now, I seem to get them all the time. Too bad we aren't planning a trip!

On a previous trip to Walt Disney World 5 years prior, I had checked out the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I had seen the lobby, the pool, and the savanna. I knew then that I wanted to stay there sometime. My husband was sold on it when I showed him the savannas.

I booked a standard savanna view room because if I was staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I wanted animals outside my room!

Photobucket

And with views like this, I was glad we splurged! I loved sitting on our balcony each morning while eating breakfast and putting on my sunscreen for the day. It was also nice to sit out there in the afternoon reading a book and relaxing.

I've shown you the amazing views, but what does the room look like?

Photobucket

I've raved about Disney's attention to themes and details before and the room was no exception.

Photobucket

I wanted most of the furniture and decor for our vintage safari themed living room.

Photobucket

Here's the sink area of the bathroom:

Photobucket

Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing either...

I didn't get a picture of the other part of the bathroom, but it was your basic shower and toilet.

Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the wallpaper in the sink area. Again, I wanted some for my own home.

Overall, the room was great. It was very comfortable and spacious. I had no problems with our room.

The amenities of the Animal Kingdom Lodge are also great. The pool is nice, the dining options include a quick service food court, a buffet restaurant, and a table service restaurant. There is also a lounge and a wine bar. Although we didn't check it out, there's also a massage and fitness center. There are also various activities throughout the day for children and families.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely! In fact, I'm pretty sure the Animal Kingdom Lodge has spoiled me for all other resorts. I never want to stay anywhere else. I highly recommend the Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment