Friday, November 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mini Cheesecakes

I spent part of my afternoon yesterday after work making some treats for coworkers and I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you.

I can't remember how I stumbled upon this recipe, but it looked tasty and pretty easy, so I bookmarked it. My work often has carry-ins, so I'm always on the lookout for new things to try. I'm a baker, so I always bring a dessert item and I've gotten a reputation at our store for being a good one. Ever since I first made this recipe, my coworkers beg me to make it every time we have a carry-in, they love it that much!


The recipe is available from Nestle on their website, but I included the one I use here for you. There are actually 3 different variations, but I've only ever made the Double Chocolate Chip ones. Someday, I'll try the others. I'm sure they're just as good.


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups refrigerated chocolate cookie dough (or the break apart kind that makes 24 cookies)
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325° F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups. Place 1 level tablespoon of cookie dough (1 square if using bar dough) into each muffin cup.

Bake for 10 minutes or until cookie has spread to edge of cup.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.

Stir 1/2 cup mini morsels into base batter. Spoon 2 heaping measuring tablespoons of batter over each cookie in cup. (If I do 2 Tbs of batter, I end up not having enough batter for 24 cheesecakes, so I do closer to 1 1/2 Tbs.)

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until just set but not browned. Cool completely in pans on wire rack. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

I usually just put some chocolate chips on top when they come out of the oven or you can try this...

Melt remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle lightly over each cheesecake just before serving.

Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment