Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Round-Up

I hope everybody had a great weekend. Ours was filled with some warmer weather which is always nice.

On Friday, my mom and I went to a holiday open house at an antique mall. I was hoping to win a door prize gift certificate so I could snag a couple things I had my eye on. I really wanted a cute ceramic Christmas tree, but couldn't justify buying it myself because I thought I didn't have any money to spend. Turns out, I could have bought it after all, but oh well.
It looked a bit like this one. I really want one because I remember my grandma having one when I was a kid. I love vintage/retro Christmas stuff and try to decorate that way.

Saturday, M and I went shopping. I was trying to start Christmas shopping, but didn't find much. It's hard to shop when you don't know what people want yet.  I need to work on my own Christmas list too.

Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning and then had a relaxing afternoon at home. We ended up going over to my mother-in-law's house for dinner. We got pizza from our favorite local pizza place. So yummy!

I didn't get a called for subbing today, which is bad for the budget, but good for my health. I went to bed feeling fine, but woke up with a sore throat, so I think I'm coming down with something. And now that it's storming, I'm thinking it's a good day to stay in my pajamas and rest. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

How was your weekend? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We used to have a ceramic tree like that too...I wonder if my mom still has it stashed away somewhere. I LOVED that thing.

    ReplyDelete