Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Getting Lost in the Corn

I can't believe it's November already! I really feel like October just started.

I do promise that I will finish up the October photo challenge later this week. I think I got some really great pictures for the last few prompts.

This past weekend, T and I took the boys and did something we've both been wanting to do for awhile. A corn maze! Living in Indiana surrounded by corn, it was hard to believe that none of us had ever done a corn maze before. And since all the mazes close at Halloween, this past weekend was our last chance.

After a freak thunderstorm/hail shower passed by, we headed to a local farm for some fall fun!

Nothing says fall like pumpkins and gourds!


Of course, the farm had lots of animals.






The maze had a pirate theme this year. We wandered through looking for signs to collect points or lose them depending on our luck.


It was really fun to try to find our way through the maze, but eventually I got frustrated because I had no clue where we were or where the exit was. Turns out, I really don't like feeling lost, even in a field of corn!




Which way should we go? And haven't we been here before?





Can you see the way out?

Eventually we did make our way out of the maze and back to the farm fun. We took a hay ride and then decided it was time to find some pumpkins!


There were a lot of unique pumpkins in addition to the traditional orange ones.


I got a couple of these mini white ones to decorate our mantle. I couldn't resist how cute they were!


Our pumpkins ready to go home!

Overall, it was a fun outing. I'm not sure that I'd do a corn maze again any time soon. But maybe I'll change my mind next year and try it again.

Have you ever done a corn maze? What's your favorite fall activity?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment