Monday, November 7, 2011

I Quit!

My job, that is. Yes, I finally had just enough and quit my full-time retail job. Sounds crazy right?

What I haven't told you is that I am a licensed teacher with classroom experience. I previously taught 1st grade in inner-city Tampa for a year before moving back to Indiana. Unfortunately, Indiana has a governor and superintendent of schools that do not value education, so there is no money for schools to actually hire teachers. Seriously, dozens of teachers take early retirement for a bonus and then the schools do not hire new teachers to replace them. It's seriously messed up.

But I really want to get back into teaching and the best way to do that is to get my foot in the door with subbing. And working a crazy full-time retail schedule does not allow me to sub. So, I quit!

I subbed for a few years when I moved back to Indiana while working retail part-time, so I've got contacts and will hopefully be subbing full-time shortly. Until then, we're going to get creative with money, so we can eat and pay our bills.

And I agreed to work part-time at the store for Christmas, so I'll be there for Black Friday (my favorite day of the year!) and a few days before and after Christmas. So that will bring in some money when school is not in session.

I'm looking forward to having a set schedule, nights & weekends off, and less stress!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment